Remember that time people said “[X] will be the death of email”? Well, they were somewhat wrong. While email continues to chug along at a consistent pace, technology has gotten smarter, spam filters have gotten more stringent, and it’s up to us as construction marketers to improve their strategies.
We’ve discussed these strategies in relative detail over the past few years, including how to build and optimize your email list, a glossary of terms, how to identify your target audience and stay on the right side of the law, and more.
Today, however, we would like to take a second to remind you just how important email is, discuss a few statistics in 2017, and invite you to learn more at an upcoming webcast featuring one of the leaders in the industry.
The Facts About Email
- It’s all about the Influence: Email is the third most influential tool in a marketer playbook, sitting behind colleague recommendations and industry thought leaders (source)
- But It’s Also about the Money: Email generates $38 for every single dollar invested. That’s a 3,800% ROI.
- Need to Get in Contact with a Millennial?: The most likely way you’ll reach them is through email. In fact, 73% of millennials identify email as their preferred means of business communication (source)
- Reach 25% of the World (and 70% of the US Adult Population): There are 2.5 billion e-mail users in the world as of 2015. About 233 million of them are located in the U.S. It was estimated that the number of e-mail users in the U.S. will reach nearly 254.7 million by the end of 2020 (source).
- The Astounding Open Rate in the Construction Industry: At 19.9%, ‘Architecture and Construction’ has the second highest open rate among all industries, second only to ‘pet and animal services.’ (Source)
Of course, these are just the basics. If you really want to succeed, you have to learn the best practices.
Join Construction Marketing Association on November 14 for Email Marketing That Wins
On November 14, 2017, the Construction Marketing Association will present its quarterly webcast, titled Email Marketing that Wins. Join panelist Lindsay Brown, Operations Director for the Construction Marketing Association, who will share with attendees the basics behind winning email marketing campaigns, introduce attendees to the common email marketing platforms, and share best practices in building lists and engaging audiences.
- Title: Email Marketing That Wins [Webcast]
- Date: November 14, 2017
- Time: 1:00 PM CST to 2:00 PM CST
- Click Here to Register