2020: new year, new decade. January is the time that most people make resolutions to better themselves. What about you marketing resolutions for 2020? How could you improve your construction marketing in 2020 and beyond?
Marketing is now mission critical to achieve growth and success in the construction industry. Continue reading to discover the top 3 construction marketing resolutions for this year from the Chairman of the Construction Marketing Association, Neil Brown.
Top 3 Construction Marketing Resolutions
The Top 3 Resolutions for marketers in the construction industry for 2020 are: Digital Marketing Excellence, Scaled Marketing, and Self-Improvement.
Digital Marketing Excellence
Digital marketing is the foundation of your marketing program. To make sure your digital marketing is optimized, following are top considerations:
- Website user experience (UX)
- Website security and privacy (SSL/HTTPS and more)
- Complete website search engine optimization (SEO), including local citations
- Deep and high frequency content (blogs, videos, etc.)
- Ongoing social media
In 2020 Vision – The Future of Marketing by CMA sponsor Modern Marketing Partners, scaled marketing is defined as creating content in multiple formats and distributing it via multiple communication channels. Based on a foundation of digital marketing excellence, scaled marketing can achieve rapid lead generation, and potentially market leadership. How can you implement Scaled Marketing? Following are keys to success:
- Increase marketing volume and velocity including multi-channel and high frequency
- Test, optimize, manage, automate and report with Marketing Technology or MarTech
- Identify prospective customers via data-mining, and manage email campaigns segmented by interest or requirements, vertical market, role, purchase timing, and more
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C) brands should leverage Cause Marketing to hasten awareness and build brand preference
- Business-to-Business (B2B) brands should deploy training and educational content to achieve thought leadership, awareness and brand preference
- Consider outsourcing advanced marketing skills as marketing becomes more complex
Self-improvement is always important. Here are a few ideas to help you get on the right track:
- Participate in the CMA community
- Get the book (Modern Marketing for Construction Brands)
- Get Professional Certification (CCMP)
- Use the CMA Career Center
2020 has just started. How will you change your marketing this year?